SEIWA PATENT & LAW

History & Milestones

History

illust

Established in April 1966 by Dr. Akira Aoki, as "A. Aoki & Associates", we have achieved remarkable growth thanks to our many clients and colleagues.

The steady increase in size prompted us to move from our first offices in Tokyo's Akasaka area to the Toranomon business and government affairs district - a few minutes walk from the Japan Patent Office - in 1969. In 1995, we relocated to our current location.

Reflecting changes our management, we have undergone several name changes. In April 1982, the Japanese name was changed to reflect the partnership nature of the office. In April 1999, the English name was changed to "SEIWA PATENT & LAW" in order to match the Japanese name.

Milestones

1966 "A. AOKI & ASSOCIATES" established by Dr. Akira Aoki in Akasaka district
1969 Offices moved to Seiko Toranomon Building
1970 Litigation section established under former Judge Shoichi Ui
1982 Japanese name changed to "SEIWA TOKKYO HORITSU JIMUSHO"
1989 Patent search and translation section split off to form "PATRO INFORMATION"
1993 Shoichi Ui became president
1994 Takashi Ishida became president
1994 Offices moved to Toranomon 37 Mori Building
1998 English name changed to "A. AOKI, ISHIDA & ASSOCIATES"
2003 Atsushi Aoki became president
2006 English name changed to "SEIWA PATENT & LAW"

Go to Top

Information

  • TEL:+81(0)3-5470-1900
  • FAX:+81(0)3-5470-1911

Access

Toranomon37 Mori Bldg. 10F,
3-5-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 105-8423, JAPAN

View more