Patent attorneys and attorneys-at-law, with full knowledge and experience in various technical and legal fields, fully leverage their specialty and expertise in order to support clients in acquiring IP rights in Japan and around the world.
For overseas clients wishing to acquire IP rights in Japan, which we are entrusted with through our worldwide network, we also provide complete support for those inbound filing cases and other relevant matters, and make every effort to develop our skill for communicating with overseas clients to facilitate smooth and accurate linguistic communication.
Major Areas of Practice
The following services acting as a representative of clients:
- Filing applications for patents, utility models, designs and trademarks with the Japan Patent Office, and corresponding IP Offices in jurisdictions overseas.
- Filing applications with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), i.e., patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), international registration applications for designs under the Hague Agreement Geneva Act, international registration of trademarks under the Madrid Protocol.
- Filing applications at Regional Offices, including European patent applications with the European Patent Office (EPO), and design / trademark applications at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Filing applications, etc., in other IP fields, i.e., relating to new plant varieties and geographical indications (GI) with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), and copyright registrations with the Cultural Affairs Agency, etc.
- Procedures for examination and trial examination (intermediate processes) at the JPO Trial Board, involving any types of IP-related applications.
- Procedures for appellate administrative litigation at the Intellectual Property High Court in Japan, and corresponding litigation procedures in jurisdictions overseas, involving any types of IP-related applications.
- Acquisition, maintenance and protection of domain names.